Fresh and Filling Salad Recipes for Weight Loss
Anytime is the perfect time to start fresh, and what better way to do that than with a healthy salad? Here are a few of my favorite salads that are not only packed with nutrients, but they’re also filling enough to keep you satisfied until your next meal. So whether you’re looking to jump-start your weight loss journey or simply want to add some variety to your diet, these recipes are sure to do the trick.
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
I love this salad. The strawberries bring the sweetness, while the balsamic vinaigrette adds a rich, tart flavor. Spinach is low in calories and a great source of vitamins. Sometimes I’ll substitute apples or pears for the berries.
- 16 ounces of fresh baby Spinach
- 16 ounces fresh Strawberries, sliced You can use sliced pears instead
- 1/2 Cup crumbled Cheese Goat Cheese or Feta
- 1/2 Cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 Cup aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Make the dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Combine spinach, salad greens, sliced strawberries, cheese, and walnuts. Toss lightly with dressing and serve.
Cobb Salad with Avocado
Traditionally Cobb salads are made with chicken, bacon, hard-boiled eggs, and cheese. This almost vegetarian version is just as delicious and nutritious.
- 2 cups tofu or chopped veggie “chicken”
- 4-5 cups of romaine lettuce
- ½ cup veggie bacon
- 1 cup chopped Roma tomatoes
- ½ avocado peeled and chopped
- 1 hard boiled egg, sliced (optional)
- 1 cup vegan shredded cheese
- sliced red onion to taste
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Mix all salad ingredients in a large bowl.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together, adding oil slowly. Salt and pepper to taste. Dress the salad lightly, toss and serve.